Saturday 16 April 2011

Today's Winnipeg Free Press

Clink here for story:   Winnipeg Free Press Story April 16, 2011

Carol Sanders has written an excellent story about the NSTP and captured some essential points.  She has also written a number of other important stories about refugees here in Winnipeg.  I would like to introduce her to Ottawa Citizen journalist Louisa Taylor as they both are writing incredible stories about people in our world. (Except that Louisa Taylor insists on putting my age in the story!)
Winnipeg has been a tremendous host to the launch of North Star Triangle Project.  I leave on the bus for Regina and beyond tonight at 11:30 pm.  My first of several overnight bus rides.  I will keep you posted on the level of comfort and noise!

It was just starting to snow when WPF photographer John Woods took this pic
Lots of snow this morning in Winnipeg which has slowed the flooding.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed speaking to Carol Sanders on the phone. She asked some good questions. It's encouraging to see such interest from the media. Unfortunately, there are a couple of typically homophobic comments posted on the Free Press website.

    ReplyDelete