Friday 29 April 2011

Blogging from the bus depot

Here I sit in the Windsor bus terminal waiting for my 1am bus to Toronto and using downtown business assocation free wi-fi - (how smart is that?!).

The Windsor meeting tonight was powerful and an incredible end to the first major travel phase of NSTP.  I will post the pics later from Toronto or Ottawa as I am headed there now.  I am exhilirated and exhausted.

 Tonight's Windsor welcome was just that -- very welcome.  Thirteen folks came to the meeting and we talked and covered many issues over two hours.   The biggest question was always -- "what can we do?".  And that question was even more powerful when we were joined by two very brave gay men who are currently living in Windsor as refugees from Colombia.  It was a true example of the amount of work we need to do for GLBT refugees.  And the learning curve for all of us is very steep. 

I will be blogging more on the substance of the 9 city meetings I have had so far next week. 

Heading to Vancouver on Tuesday, May 3rd for three weeks.  (Although one of those weeks will include a short trip to Vienna and Warsaw - but more on that later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment