Friday 22 July 2011

What can you say? Serendipity? Awesome? Incredible......Newfoundland!

I am sitting in a coffee shop right now -- at the end of my first full day in St. John's, Newfoundland.  (There are bag pipes playing outside the window -- believe it or not!).

If I wrote the whole story right now -- you will not believe it -- so, I will give you 4 highlights -- and catch up tomorrow with finer details.

#4 -- Waking up this morning and going to a swimming jazzercise class with the amazing Gerry Rogers and 40 Newfoundland women!

#3 -- Seeing the whales off of Cape Spear (eastern most part of North America) this afternoon with Ottawa friend, and true Newfoundlander Roger Butt and his pup!

#2 -- Meeting in person and blogging together with him right now, Hurly from www.thumbsupcanada.blogspot.com .  I heard about Hurly and his travels several months ago and have been following his blog.  I am in total and unrelenting awe of his activism.  An amazing man who is putting his values and beliefs and vision into an amazing cross-Canada tour......check him out, you will be in awe too....

#1 -- I must pay tribute to the 25 (yep -- 25!) locals who took their lunch hour here today in St. John's to come out to the North Star Triangle Project at RIAC -- the Refugee and Immigrant Advisory Council.  It was an incredible meeting -- and the connections made were over the top.  Having Hurly attend has moved me into the stratosphere.  Who would have thought out two activist tours would cross paths here -- in amazing, awesome and brilliant Newfoundland!

Now -- off to dinner, then a Newfoundland house party and then a Pride dance!  Can't be up too late though as I am running tomorrow with the St. John's Frontrunners!
 Hurly and me blogging -- how amazing is that?

 The St. John's meeting at RIAC -- standing room only!

 Isn't this a great group?  Yeah St. John's Newfoundland!

Roger and me (and Caryk sp?) at Cape Spear
on an amazing day!


Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're having a grand time. I know that man in the photo with you - he is handsome. Actually, I know that dog too. :) You'd fit right in on the Rock I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete